DEAR READERS , WELCOME TO MY BLOG :HOW TO CHOOSE A LAPTOP IN 2021
India is in the starting phase of being digital. Approx about in each and every field whether it’s about business, education, bollywood or even in the field of fashion technology is essential. Hence being digital helps us to interact with each other in a better and efficient way.
College students today require powerful devices to get their work done with ease and minimal fuss . However , it is also essential that these laptops are compact and light weight , so that they can be carried around easily . The best laptops for collage students pack fast processors , decent RAM size , and with long lasting battery life so , that the students can carry these along with them and perform there tasks whatever is required.
Top 10 Laptops for Students
|Avita Pura Dual-Core||Rs 23,990|
|Acer Aspire 3||Rs 29,999|
|Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3i||Rs 32,990|
|Dell Inspiron 3493||Rs 36,895|
|HP 15s||Rs 39,990|
|Mi Notebook 14 IC||Rs 43,999|
|HP Chromebook 14||Rs 49,000|
|Acer Swift 3||Rs 54,990|
|Apple MacBook Air (Old)||Rs 65,990|
|Microsoft Surface Go||Rs 71,999|
How to choose best laptops according to our requirements ??
whether we are looking to buy a new laptop in order to work from home or for attending online classes , finding a good laptops requires proper a proper overview of the product before purchasing-
let’s see some of the features , how choose best laptop
It’s suggested that the students must be updated with the latest versions of Processors , Operating System and more before purchasing the product as our market is full of these products and the users shall always prefer with new versions to enjoy more and more new features as well as upcoming trends and to overcome the drawbacks of the previous versions.
Top – most important features that are reuired for buying best laptops a/c choice-
- Operating System
- latest version is wondows 10
- easy to use
- an ideal platform for work and for students
- most devices are windows compatible
1.latest version is macos 10.15’Catalina’
2.simplified user interface
3.ease of multitasking for robust users
4.less vulnerable to security lapses
- open – source operating system
- secure to malicious programmers
- supports wide range of programming languages for coders
- reliable and does not compromise performance.
Tips for buying good latop:-
- Screen size-15.6 is standard but 12 to 14 can be more portable.
- Display type-Pick ips for better or great viewing angles.
- RAM AND ROM-4GB RAM or more for multitasking with atleast 512GB storage.
- Battery-Around 8 hrs of battery life support.
How to determine the storage capacity?
More storage capacity helps a laptop to perform action in the background. It always good to have more storage in order to save media files and give enough space to the device to boot flawlwessly.
Now, here let’s know about different types of hard drive and they are –
- HDD(Hard Disk Drive)-it offers huge storage size at reasonable cost per gigabyte.
- SSD(Solid State Drive)-provide multitasking and smooth booting and are good for thin and light laptops.
- SSHD(Solid State Hybrid Drives)-It offers maximum storage capacity along with sound loading and booting.
How to identify right RAM size in laptops?
- Light use- In case of just browsing websites , watching videos either online or offline , or performing some office works. Budget laptop with decent 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage.
- Medium use-Intensive usage like photo editing , to run semi-demanding office programmers. core i3-i5 processor with 4GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage.
- Heavy and Demanding use -Professional gamers , video editing and rendering too , working with large number of images , animations and graphic design work. core i9 and above, 16 to 32GB RAM and a top-to-end storage unit.
How to get/choose best laptop processors?
- Integrates two processors in a single package.
- Ideal for multitasking
- Consumes less energy.
- Delivers fast performances.
- Security features , manageability and performance.
- Controls the temperature.
- Robust battery life.
- Performance at reasonable price range.
- Integrates two dual-core processors within a single processor.
- Doubles the efficiency and speed.
- More battery efficient.
- Best suited for gaming.
Additional features required to look for before buying a new laptop-
- USB Port – USB Type-c offers speed and functionality.
- Display – LED displays better than real life images.
- Touchscreen – Makes the interface simpler and easier to access.
- 2-in-1 PCs – Next generation laptops that can fold and even detach for a tablet experience.
- Wi-Fi – Get next generation Wi-Fi 6 which is faster than the standard 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
- Graphics-Laptop that contains Nvidia Graphic Chip.
- Battery life-As the laptop is portable device and runs on battery , it is important to have a laptop with long lasting battery. If it provides 7hrs plus battery life , it is enough for any work. As the technology develops since now-a-days standard laptops have 8 plus battery life.
- Infrared camera-Windows 10 laptop users can open the computer by looking closely at the screen. This feature of this windows is called Windows Hello. We can use this feature only if our laptop has an infrared camera or a RealSense 3D camera. Besides , a laptop with a Hello fingerprint reader is also available.
DELL Vs HP
It started its way as an electronics manufacturer in 1984. Now, the company offers us an extensive selection of services and products.
Over time, Dell has joined several other companies. And today, this brand is a subsidiary of Dell Technologies, consisting of EMC and Dell.
When it comes for appearance we can observe that it does not keep on developing the design of their products almost all the models have uniform style and the only exception is Alienware. Dell mainly focuses on making laptops more reliable and convenient.
Nevertheless Dell has improved the design of it’s latest notebook. Beside this Dell offers their customer with beautiful gaming laptops . They have slim profiles , fancy logos , smooth form factors.
They are an area of significant importance for Dell. The company uses high – quality and effective parts for building their products.
Dell produces notebook ranging from budget laptops to high-end laptops. So , the manufacturers uses different processors , including Intel and AMD . Most often budget dell laptops have dual-core processors inside and for more expensive models dell favors quad-core processors. We can choose model with Intel HD integrated graphics card and core i5 6th generation processor for home use.
In gaming laptops Dell often uses the best NVIDIA and AMD components that guarantee it’s power. So it’s all up to your preferences and needs .
Dell laptops have varying screen sizes that ranges in size from 11 to 17 inches. Not all of the small budget laptops are full HD. But most of the larger and more expensive models have 4k resolution. The other thing that matters is the battery life . Dell prefers using 2-cell and 3-cell batteries in the product.
The performance of dell’s high-end models , Alienware is unbelievable . The laptops of this series are one of the most powerful machines in the market.
They use Intel Core i9 10th generation processors with the CPU up to 5.3GHz and Turbo Boost 2.0 Alienware laptops have amazing NVIDIA GetForce RTX 2080 video cards , 32 GB RAM , SSD disks and 4k displays .
Nevertheless , the performance of cheaper Dell notebooks is not so excellent. Many other brands offer better laptops at same price.
Dell continually innovates it’s product, trying to make each and every models better and faster than the others. They improve their specification and software to achieve higher performance. One of the innovations is the possibility of enjoying a cinematic experience on our Dell laptops – XPS laptop using the Dell Cinema . It made a revolution in the quality of the laptop’s sound and color , so now we can get improved cinematic performance from the dell XPS notebook.
Besides, Dell developed innovations that makes Dell inspiron and Vostro laptops have superior performance , astonishing designs and high-quality constructions materials. The company regularly innovates it’s product for better performance and user experience.
Dell is one of the most reliable laptop manufacturers when it comes to customer support. It sells it’s product with a warranty and there is no problem with return policy in case if something went wrong. Dell responds immediately to it’s customer problem , so if the customer is facing some problem the company provides with technician for technical support. He/she will explain you with step by step instructions. And there is an another option of remote connection so if the customer is unable to fix the issues at their own end the assistant can help to carry out the solution and diagnose the problem. And if then also the issue is not solved the customer can visit nearby repair center if the experts there are unable to repair the machine the will definitely replace it without causing any inconvenience. Thus these features increases customer support for Dell.
Dell laptop’s pricing is quite similar to that of other manufacturers. The company offers an extensive selection of products for various prices but most of them are quite affordable. So, if we have limited budget Dell is the best option to opt for. Dell sells it’s laptops through authorized retailers and it allows for keeping prices down, Dell produces its models at different price models. Even the lowest-priced laptops of this company can perform perfectly well. Besides, Dell is one of those company that allows us to build our laptops and customize its specifications.
What makes Dell stand out…..
An extensive range of laptops that this company provides to its customers and this sets this company apart from the others. The world of technology is highly competitive, but thanks to its innovations and perfect customer services, Dell remains at the top of the game.
Dell’s pricing and high-end solutions help this brand to be one of the market leaders and demanding consumers consider consider all of these factors when they choose a brand new laptops
HP is a direct competitor of Dell. Like many other computer technology giants, HP started in a car garage and its founders are William Hewlett and David Packard. It is one of the most popular PC manufacturers among many users worldwide.
The company started by making cheap and not so pretty robust workstations laptops. Still their first models had high-quality elements and a durable form factors. It made them the most reliable laptops in market.
Of course, HP expanded its manufacturing and production compaigns to offer laptops for all the users around the globe. Now they offer many other products , but the computers remains in their primary section. HP’S product suit well both for office and home purposes. There are not so many different classes of its laptops, but customers still can find computers for their needs. And the best thing is that HP laptops are also quite affordable.
As mentioned, design and appearance are quite significant for many customers. Many of those laptops who do not care about the laptop’s significations prefer buying a stylish laptops. HP offers many beautiful laptops in product range. However, we will face a limited choice of available colors. Also, we find an all-metal casing laptop that looks luxurious. Most HP laptops features sleek sophisticated designs that add aesthetical beauty to them and attract customers. HP Spectre Folio is an excellent example of this design.
Best designers have been working on creating this bold design with genuine chrome-tanned leather. As a result, everyone will love it. All HP laptops are rigid , reliable and durable as the manufacturer uses such high-quality materials and metals as carbon fibre and Aluminium.
HP uses both AMD and Intel processors in its product and their speeds are excellent. Ofcourse, there is a difference in components used in budget laptops and the high-end ones.
HP uses Intel HD graphics processors in cheap models. And for more demanding gaming laptops, HP uses NVIDIA graphics processors and the latest generation Intel processors. It allows for achieving maximum performance. Screen sizes of the laptops vary from 13 to 17+ inches. The screen resolution also depends on the price, the more laptops cost the higher the screen resolution is. Mostly customers like HP for its battery life i.e it lasts up to 12 hrs. It prefers using 3-cell and 4-cell batteries and both of them work excellent.
If we need best laptop in case of performance we should prefer for HP. All HP laptops are entertainment –oriented devices. Most of the HP products offer us more functions and better specifications than other brands laptop of the same price.
HP remains one of the leaders in hardware development and the company continues producing unique and exciting products. We know hp for their innovations in laptops, desktop machines, scanners and printers. Although HP does not specifically direct its innovative efforts towards the notebooks development, they equip their latest laptops with improved features. The company made the touchscreen technology the norm, and now HP produces the best 2-in-1 machines in the market. They attract many users and their sophisticated design made them even more popular.
HP also cares about its customers. So there are several ways we can contact them if we need technical support. When purchasing a laptop, we will get 90- days free phone support and a one-year warranty against hardware problems. Moreover the youtube channel, so we can find a video explaining how to resolve some issues. Nevertheless, customers often have to spend too much time on the line to address their problems. HP assistants often recommend us to update our anti-virus software instead of fixing our problem.
Usually, HP laptops are more expensive than the products of their competitors. However, there are reasons for that. HP often uses more costly components and materials, so the customers have to pay for it. We can buy HP laptops from dedicated retailers. So there is no possibility of buying them out of company’s site. They too needs to earn hence they increase the prices of the products.
Why HP stand-out…
HP produces stylish products for everyone. We can buy a budget laptop or a 2-in-1 touchscreen. Also, the manufacturers give attention to every detail, like the number of ports or smooth touchpad. Also buying HP laptops customers get excellent sound quality. Another thing that distinguishes HP laptops from others is their perfect design combined with sufficient technical resources. So they are suitable both for gamers and business users.
Dell Vs HP :Comparison of two brands
Most HP laptops have better design compared to Dell’s products. Nevertheless, Dell offers a big range of colors and HP customers have to choose among standard colors.
HP also has better characteristics. Their laptops can be more expensive but they have more unique features.
Comparing Dell laptops to HP laptops, we see that HP models provide better performance. And there is the reason for that. HP produces laptops with improved multi-tasking as they are quite popular among designers and they use demanding software for work.
- Laptop options-
However, Dell wins a variety of manufactured laptops. The company offers an extensive product range . So they have models that meets any requirements.
If we needs to buy a stylish and powerful ultrabook, choose one of HP products. They are recognized experts in assembling such machines.
Is HP more expensive than Dell?
Yes, HP laptops are more expensive and most of the Dell products are cheaper than HP ones. So if we are short on budgets , most experts recommend choosing Dell laptops.
BEST LAPTOPS FOR STUDENTS UNDER 60K
My Pick For Laptop Under 60K
Lenovo Legion Y540 9th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6-inch (39.62 cms) Full HD Gaming Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/60 Hz/NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 Graphics/Raven Black/2.3Kg), 81SY00U6IN
- Processor: 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300HF | Speed: 2.4 GHz (Base) – 4.1 GHz (Max) | 4 Cores | 8MB Cache
- OS: Pre-Loaded Windows 10 Home with Lifetime Validity
- Memory and Storage: 8GB RAM DDR4-2666, Upgradable up to 32GB | 512 GB SSD
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 Dedicated Graphics
- Display: 15.6″ Full HD (1920×1080) | Brightness: 250 nits | Anti-Glare | 45% NTSC Color Gamut | IPS Technology | 60 Hz Refresh Rate
- Cooling: Coldfront with Dual Channel thermal mechanism | 4 thermal vents | Dedicated heat syncs
- Battery Life: 4 Hours | 52.5 Wh Battery
- Keyboard: Full-size Backlit Keyboard with 100% Anti-Ghosting | Less than 1 ms Response Time
- Camera (Built in): HD 720p (1.0MP) Camera | Fixed Focus | Integrated Dual Array Microphone
- Audio: 2 x 2W Harman Stereo Speakers | HD Audio | Dolby Atmos for Gaming Certification
- Ports: 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (with the function of DisplayPort 1.2), Headphone/Mic combo jack, HDMI 2.0, Ethernet (RJ-45), Mini DisplayPort 1.4, Security keyhole
- Xbox Game Pass: Access to over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10 | One-month subscription to Xbox Game Pass is included with the purchase of your device
- In the box: Laptop, Power Adapter and User Manual
- Warranty: This genuine Lenovo laptop comes with 1 Year Onsite Warranty with Premium Care and Accidental Damage Protection
- In case of any technical/product related queries, please call 1800-419-7555