How Computer Science is changing the world?
Computer Science Is Reshaping This World
In today’s world, Computer Science is continuing to reshape the world and this leads as globalization all around the world. It is used to deal with many tasks due to their various potential. It helps to resolve problems human life encounters in daily life. Therefore, it has more influence on our life. The impact of computer Science usage on our life obviously identified as Savings of Money, Time and Effort.
Computer Science has been recognized as the most life changing and successful invention solving problems in one’s life. Today’s we use this concept at almost everyplace and it leads more and more development. It’s difficult to survive a business without adopting it’s usage either directly or indirectly in this modern world.
To understand how Computer Science reshaping one’s life or world. Have a glance on below article. firstly try to know what exactly Computer Science is?
What Computer Science is in 21st century?
Computer Science is the study of algorithm and data structures, computer and network design, modeling data and information processes, and artificial intelligence. Computer science is considered as part of a family of five separate yet interrelated disciplines: computer engineering, computer science, information system, information technology, and software engineering.
Computer science include the traditional study of computer architecture, programming languages, and software development, computational science (the use of algorithmic techniques for modeling scientific data), graphics and visualization, human-computer interaction, databases information systems and networks.
Reason to examine Computer Science.
- COMPUTING ENABLES YOU TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD: According to the Association of Computing Machinery:
“Computing drives innovation in the sciences (human genome project, AIDS vaccine research, environmental monitoring and protection just to mention a few), and also in engineering, business, entertainment and education. If you want to make a positive difference in the world, study computing.”
- DEVELOP TRANSFERABLE IT SKILLS: Whenever you want to set-up your own IT industry or to be hired in reputed company, you will have your skills like critical thinking, problem-solving, Analytical skills etc. can make you successful in IT industry. And these skills can acquired by study computer science more and more.
- FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES IN COMPUTING ARE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES: According to the Association of Computing Machinery:
“Computing is one of those fields where it is almost impossible to predict what will happen next. This is why we cannot even begin to imagine all the ways that you can make a contribution to it and it can make your life’s work exciting and real.”
- COMPUTING ENABLES YOU TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD: According to the Association of Computing Machinery- “Computing drives innovation in the sciences (human genome project, AIDS vaccine research, environmental monitoring and protection just to mention a few), and also in engineering, business, entertainment and education. If you want to make a positive difference in the world, study computing.”
Impact of Computer Science in world
- 1.It provides various ways to boost health sector: Intensity-modulated radiation therapy, or IMRT, is a type of cancer treatment that uses advanced computer programs to calculate and deliver radiation directly to cancer cells from different angles. It allows people with cancer to receive higher, more effective doses of radiation while limiting damage to the healthy tissues and organs around it. This increases your chance for a cure. Today’s healthcare industry uses computers in a much more sophisticated way, These days, patients and doctors can log into Web-based information portals to coordinate treatment plans and schedule appointments. Patients are also increasingly using gadgets.
- 2.Influence IN UTILITY FACILITIES: GPSand map application permits us to go virtually anywhere in the world without fear and deviation. If we straggled in a city or desolated place, these technology help us reaching exactly where we want to be. Google Map capable to predict time required, traffic conditions, traffic block, weather status and sometimes, giving vital advises and alerts about the roads and destinations we are traveling. It simplifies Security and Monitoring system using access control and CCTV surveillance system which helps people directly or indirectly.
- 3.Impact of it on Education: It helps us to build various system like where education will be in smooth way but at distance. MOOC is such a example meaning-Massive Open Online Course. It brings learning process to the learner’s convenience as well as unlimited participants. MOOCs are available (both free and paid) for anyone with an internet connection, time and thirst for knowledge.
- 4.It enables us to develop a way to communicate all around the world: Computer can bring people closer together and facilitate contacts between them using Email, Chatting, Videoconferencing, Mobile Phones and Social Medias. It saves time, efforts and money compared with letters used, before making influence of computers in human life. These days, we seldom use hand written letters, put in the envelopes and transport over long distances because most of us have computer and education to make use of it.
TOP IT/COMPUTER SCIENCE QUERY SHOULD BE KNOW:
1. Internet of Things
2. Cloud Computing
3. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
6. Data Science Skills
7. Robotic Process Automation
8. Programming Language Skills
9. Data Analytics Skills
10. Software Development Skills
1.High Order Thinking Skills: Companies have a great demand for people that possess this skill which mainly focused on cognitive aspect of capabilities, including creative thinking and decision-making ability. Though this skill is critical for complex problem solving, but it becomes more crucial in current pandemic like COVID-19 for business continuity. Over 20% of jobs in IT require critical thinking ability as a core skill set.
2.Social & Communication Skills: Organisations/Company detect for good social skills along with technical skills as these encourage group and peer-to-peer learning. Social Skills are as critical as technical skills to get along with the colleagues, align with the common goals of the organisation and create a propitious work culture.
3.Growth Mindset: It reflects learnability. It reflects a person’s risk-taking ability, innovation, creativity and willingness to learn.Company demands this skill because the one who have this skill always do work in straight forward way and this feature becmes a tool for rising the status of that particular people.
4.Business and Marketing Analytics: Organizations/Company employ Business analytics so they can make data-driven decisions. Business analytics gives business an excellent overview and insight on how companies can become more efficient, and these insights will enable such business optimize and automate their processes.
5.Design Thinking: It is an iterative process in which we seek to understand the user, challenge assumptions, and redefine problems in an attempt to identify alternative strategies and solutions that might not be instantly apparent with our initial level of understanding. Company wants this skill because it provides a solution-based approach to solving problems.It is a way of thinking and working as well as a collection of hands-on methods.
As technology is altering human’s day to day life at every step around the world through various technologies used like, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence etc. We get so much benefits from technology but it also creates a little bit bad impact on society.
The one thing to be noted to all that technology itself is not responsible for positive societal change, but that humans are. since humans are responsible for creating technology, they should always create it with the intention of promoting societal welfare.
Now, we can’t ignore that Computer Science isn’t responsible for solving underlying issues like discrimination , racism and injustice .
But for good impact of technology, Computer science can also be a part of the solution of those societal issues which is arising. As both computer science and social science two are intrinsically connected.
Artificial Intelligence is designing machines that have the ability to think. It is the intelligence of machines.
According to the father of Artificial Intelligence, John McCarthy-Artificial Intelligence is “The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs”.
Is it a boon or a bane?is still a ongoing debate.
Artificial intelligence is making the lives of humans easier. From tracking cattle to bespoke weather forecasts, AI technology is helping smallholders across Asia and Africa. But it is by no means clear yet whether it will be a game changer in eliminating global poverty.
There is conflict of coexistence of artificial intelligence (AI) and mankind. There is anxiety in this 21st century about AI influencing our online shopping and social media habits; about it replacing both menial and high-skilled jobs, and leading to unemployment.
As Machines do not have any emotions and moral values. They perform what is programmed and cannot decide about right or wrong. Even cannot take decisions if they encounter a situation unfamiliar to them.
There is no sense of belonging or togetherness or a human touch. Artificial intelligence cannot be improved with experience, as timing passes. It can lead to wear and tear. It fails to distinguish between a hardworking individual and an inefficient individual.