In case, when you took your phone for important work but unwanted ads really stuck you. Here, are some steps that help you can implement them to get rid of ad tracking.
The world of the Internet operates only with an advertisement, everywhere you will get to see Ads. You can go to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, or YouTube. If you see anything on TV, then there are ads shown to you. However, these ads are interest-based.
Interest-based ads are expectable, but ads which are targeted to a particular individual are a bit dangerous.
Why do we need to block Ad tracking in Android and iPhones?
It is very important to stop ads tracking because through these ads, your phone’s browsing history, data, or whatever practices are over your internet, someone is watching or tracking and their ads are showing you ads.
The most dangerous thing behind tracking ads is cookies. All these YouTube accounts are hacked or phishing scams due to these cookies. Cookies have a big role in all these things.
How to block ad tracking on the Android platform?
If you really want to avoid being tracked in day-to-day life and have to block ad tracking by maintaining privacy, then Make changes to your phone’s location settings.
You can also avoid tracking ads by changing your phone location on an Android device or tweaking your privacy settings slightly. To change the location settings on your Android device, follow the steps given below.
- First, turn on the settings.
- Scroll down and look for the location option.
- After this, you will also see the option of ‘Google Location Settings‘ when you lower it down.
- Press “Location Reporting” and “Location History” and close the slider.
- Then, press “Delete Location History” so it will delete all device’s location cache.
How to block ad tracking on the Apple device?
There are many ways in Apple devices to limit the ads tracking. Here, we have discussed some of them that surely work for you, and hence you will secure your data and privacy too.
1. Limit ad Tracking
- Go to the settings on your Apple device.
- Hit the Privacy option.
- At the bottom of this tab, you will see an option called advertising.
- Here, You have to enable the Limit Ad Tracking option.
2. Prevent Cross-Site Tracking
- To do that, go to the settings again.
- Hit the Safari option.
- Scroll down a bit, you can see the Privacy and Security tab.
- Now, enable Prevent Cross-site Tracking and Fraudulent Website Warning Option.
3. Turn off background Refresh App
- Go to the settings.
- Hit the General tab.
- You can see here the background Refresh App option.
Try to select the maximum number of applications for background refresh. it also prevents your phone from battery draining.
4. Shift to DuckDuckGo Search Engine
- Go to the settings again.
- Click on the safari option.
- Now, select the DuckDuckGo search engine as default. It does not track anything.
So, these are the most important tips that help you to get rid of being tracked. Apple devices have all these settings. I think it is 80 to 90% effective.
Install ad-blocking extension/use a private browser.
Android users do not get the default features as compared to Apple users so that they can not prevent Ads Limit or Ads Tracking. But there are many such private browsers, using which you will definitely be in benefit and you can emphasize this in your Chrome extension as well.
We learned in this article how you can block ad tracking in Apple and Android devices. Hope you find this information. Right now, keeping your data secure has become a very challenging task, so you should know about these things.